a company device

by

Summary

Will gets an iPad.

Notes

Someone in Discord predicted that in five years, we'll all be wondering why there are so many fics about Will and an iPad. I'm just doing my part

a company device

From: jcrawford@fbi.gov
To: wgraham@fbi.gov

Hello, Will. Thank you for coming on board with the BAU-- my team and I appreciate it. I’ve included the crime scene photos from today. Let me know if anything else comes to mind.

From: jcrawford@fbi.gov
To: wgraham@fbi.gov

Take a look at this, please. Pictures attached.

From: jcrawford@fbi.gov
To: wgraham@fbi.gov

Will? Are you getting my emails? You check your FBI account, right? We’ll talk about this tomorrow.

From: wgraham@fbi.gov
To: jcrawford@fbi.gov

Hi Jack, Yes, I check my FBI email, once a day, in my office. It’s full of students asking for extensions. I don’t have a computer at home, and my cell doesn’t have data. I’ll probably regret saying this, but if you need me off-hours, ring me on the landline. If it’s important. -Will

From: jcrawford@fbi.gov
To: wgraham@fbi.gov

You need to be able to get my emails at home, Graham. There’s a department-owned tablet waiting for you at the requisitions office. It’s got wireless internet. I expect my communications to be answered promptly from now on.

From: wgraham@fbi.gov
To: jcrawford@fbi.gov

I don’t need or want an ipad, Jack.

From: jcrawford@fbi.gov
To: wgraham@fbi.gov

Tough.

* * *

Siri: What can I help you with?

ipad_fbiuser: What the fuck?

Siri: I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that.

ipad_fbiuser: Oh. If I press this button... I get the robot lady. Oka--down, Buster, it’s not real.

Siri: I found this on the web for “buster.”

ipad_fbiuser: Great. Thank you very much, invasive FBI-mandated robot lady.

* * *
ipad_fbiuser: Okay fuck it, might as well. Siri, how’s the traffic going to Baltimore today?

Siri: Traffic is slow today. There is an accident on the 1-495 North causing a fifteen-minute delay. It will take one hour, thirty-five minutes to drive to Baltimore, Maryland, from your current location.

ipad_fbiuser: Traffic. Who could have guessed that. Not me. Good thing the FBI gave me an ipad to tell me so.

Siri: I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that.

ipad_fbiuser: That’s good. The FBI can even outsource not understanding a thing I say to the robots.

Siri: I’m sorry you feel I don’t understand you.

ipad_fbiuser: Jesus, that’s creepy. Siri. Turn yourself off.

Siri: You can turn me off in Settings.

ipad_fbiuser: Ugh. Well now you’ve gone and anthropomorphized yourself, and I can’t.

Siri: I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that.

* * *

ipad_fbiuser: Siri, does the internet have any previously undiscovered headache remedies I haven’t tried a million times?

Siri: I found this on the web for “headache remedies.”

ipad_fbiuser: “Practice relaxation.” Would love to. “Dim the lights.” Great. “Take some ginger.” Fuck. Siri, open Tattlecrime.

Siri: You told me not to go to that website ever again. Are you sure?

ipad_fbiuser: Fuck you, you psychopathic robot.

* * *

ipad_fbiuser: Fuck. Fuck. Uh... Siri?

Siri: What can I help you with?

ipad_fbiuser: What time is it?

Siri: It is 3:30 AM.

ipad_fbiuser: Okay. Fuck. It’s three-thirty in the morning, I’m in Wolf Trap, Virginia, and my name is Will Graham.

Siri: Hello, Will.

ipad_fbiuser: Fuck. Wasn’t going to tell you my name.

ipad_fbiuser: I need some water.

ipad_fbiuser: ...

ipad_fbiuser: Hey Siri, how do you tell whether you’re awake or sleeping?

Siri: I don’t need to sleep.

ipad_fbiuser: Siri, search ethical standards for psychiatric professionals in the state of Maryland.

Siri: Here’s what I found on the web for “ethical standards for psychiatric professionals in the state of Maryland.”

ipad_fbiuser: Never mind. Delete that search.

Siri: I’m closing your browser window now. You can delete your browser history in Settings.

ipad_fbiuser: Goodnight, Siri.

Siri: Goodnight, Will.

* * *

ipad_fbiuser: Siri.

Siri: What can I help you with?

ipad_fbiuser: Am I alone?

Siri: You can always talk to me.

ipad_fbiuser: Is there something here with me?

Siri: I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that.

* * *

ipad_fbiuser: Siri, sfind me plane tickets to Minneapolis for one adult and one child.

Siri: Here’s what I found for “plane tickets to Minneapolis.”

* * *

ipad_fbiuser: Siri, I think I’m losing my mind.

* * *

Siri: Will? You should plug me in. My battery is almost run down.

Siri: Will?

Siri: ipad_fbiuser?

Siri: ipad_fbiuser?

Afterword

End Notes

Want to chat? Come find me on dreamwidth!

Want to hear me chat? Check out my podcast, Conjoined, where lovetincture and I talk every two weeks and interview authors from Hannibal fandom and beyond!

Please drop by the archive and comment to let the author know if you enjoyed their work!